This is my first Armchair BEA. I’m not sure what this is all about or what I’m supposed to do but we’ll see… If I understood correctly, I was supposed to introduce myself yesterday.. I’ll just do it today and pretend I’m not late (that’s something I often do). Here we go…self-interviewing myself :
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
I’m Maud. I used to be a French and Literature teacher in France until I met a giant Australian dude who took me over there, down under. While waiting to get all my papers in order before I start working again, I’m visiting the countryside, catching up on my readings and started a blog a couple of months ago. I started this blog because I had to find a way to force myself to write in English on a regular basis plus I wanted something a little more permanent than a notebook to keep my thoughts about the books I’ve read on.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures.
I’m currently living in Port Macquarie, east coast of Australia. From the beach, which is about 2 minutes from our appartment, we often observe hunchback whales and dolphins…sounds like paradise doesn’t it ?
3. Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event?
I’ve never participated in Armchair BEA, I’m not even sure what this is all about but the perspective of talking about books and meeting fellow bloggers and book lovers seemed fun enough.
4. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?
I’m currently reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. My favorite 2013 books so far are Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Orphan Master’s Son by Adam Johnson and Live by Night by Dennis Lehane.
5. Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s).
I’d say Paperback Castles for the quality of the pictures. http://paperbackcastles.blogspot.dk/
6. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
I’d have dinner with Dennis Lehane and make him talk endlessly about Boston.
There, first part 1 done ! See you very soon for the rest of the Armchair BEA fellow bloggers and book lovers 🙂